Pack your Panther patience as we prepare for the arrival of Tropical Storm Harvey. Our district is monitoring Harvey closely and requests all school functions end at 4:00 p.m. on Friday.
Regsitration 11:00 am-11:30 am
Meet the Teacher 11:30 am-12:00 pm
Back to School Information
Please complete the following Registration Steps prior to attending Panther Premiere:
Complete online Annual Update beginning August 2nd at https://eshac.humble.k12.tx.us/homeaccess/
Pay student supply/field trip fee $25 at the following link: https://humbleisd.revtrak.net/tek9.asp?pg=products&grp=240
“Registration & Meet the Teacher for all students”
Friday, August 25
Please report to the cafeteria at assigned times below with:
Proof of residency (gas, water, electric bill dated June or July 2017)
Proof of annual update by saving to your device or with a printed copy of submission
Printed receipt of student fee payment made on line or bring cash/money order for $25.00
Report to your child’s classroom to meet the teacher
Be sure to stop by the …
Spirit Store to purchase your school spirit t-shirt & more!
PTA Booth to join PTA, pay your child’s party fee ($10.00) & sign up to Volunteer at PFE
Panther Café to pre-pay lunch accounts in the cafeteria
Nurse’s Station to share Health information/special medical needs
Plan to arrive EARLY on the first day of school if you missed Panther Premiere to complete the registration
requirement. Annual Update and proof of residency must be confirmed in order to complete registration process.
Important Back to School Information
What Every Parent Needs to Know About LSE
Main Line: 281-641-3500
Nurse’s Line: 281-641-3505
Counselor’s Line: 281-641-3507
Absence Line: 281-641-3519
Principal: Annette Nevermann
Asst. Principals: Katherine Holmes & Holly Stevens
Counselor: Leah Hymel & Jessica Chambers
Grades K-5: 8:00 AM – 3:30 PM
Tardy Bell: 8:05 AM
Safety of our students is a priority at LSE and guides us in the systems and procedures implemented for arrival and dismissal. Consistently practicing these procedures ensures the safety for ALL Lakeshore students.
The campus is open at 7:30 AM every morning. Please note that there is no supervision for students who arrive before this time. If you arrive after 8:00 am, the cafeteria doors will be locked and you will need to drop off your student in the front of the school.
Please to not drop off your child before 7:30 a.m. Instruction begins at 8:00 a.m. Tardy Bell rings at 8:05 a.m.
***All parents or visitors coming into the building must check in first at the front office for campus and student safety.
BIKE RIDERS & WALKERS
- Our bike riders are encouraged to use a lock to ensure the safety of their bicycles. The campus will not assume responsibility for bicycles of students.
- Bike riders are required to walk their bikes all the way to the off-campus dismissal location in order to avoid accidents with walkers.
- If your child will be walking to school, please make sure you discuss safety procedures with your child and plan a walking route with your child.
- Students who ride the bus to and from school are expected to follow all safety rules and always follow the directions of the bus driver. Failure to do so could result in loss of bus privileges. Please see the Humble ISD Handbook for further information regarding bus policy.
- Also remember that if you plan for your child to ride a bus, you must have that approved through the district transportation department.
CAR RIDER ARRIVAL
- Drivers should follow the directions of the duty teachers and ALWAYS pull up as far as they can so that the maximum number of cars can be unloaded at a time. If everybody follows this rule, arrival will be quick and smooth.
- Student safety is of the UTMOST importance. All students must be dropped off in the designated area where teachers can help ensure safety, not any place that is simply more convenient for parents. Failure to do this is unsafe for students and slows down the arrival process in general.
- Children should be ready to exit the car which means backpacks, water bottles, lunch kits should be on their backs, in their hands, or right next to them so that they are readily accessible. The only additional thing they should have to do when arriving at the drop off spot is unbuckle their seat belt.
- Drivers should never assume it is okay to “go around” a car to exit, even if it looks clear. Always wait for the car in front to move or for directions from an adult/teacher before getting out of line in the arrival area.
- Drivers must be conscious of speed at all times! Children are everywhere!
- Please observe the following traffic patterns during morning arrival:
Students will be dismissed at the following times:
3:20 - Car Riders (Rear of the Building/Faculty Parking Side)
3:25 - Bus Riders/Day Care (Front of the Building)
3:30 - Walkers /Bikers (Front of the Building)
- ***Supervision is not available after 3:30 for Grades 1-5. The FRONT OFFICE closes at 4:00 p.m. Doors are locked at 4:00 pm.
- Every parent is required to provide dismissal information for their child. Each child will be dismissed according to the dismissal information provided by parents. ALL changes to a student’s dismissal routine MUST be communicated by the parent to the teacher in writing. It is preferable to email the evening before the change to give ample time to ensure the necessary communication among staff members.
- Please keep in mind that during the first few weeks of school and during inclement weather, dismissal will run slow and we work to put procedures in place. Your patience is GREATLY appreciated!
CAR RIDER DISMISSAL
- Please review the dismissal map which shows the flow of traffic for car rider dismissal.
- Use the campus car rider sign provided by LSE by either hanging it from your rearview mirror or clearly displaying it on your front window. Please clearly write your students name and grade level in thick, black marker to make it visible to teachers on duty.
- We dismiss students to cars using a double car line. Teachers will walk students across the loading zones to their car. For everyone’s safety, please make sure you come to a complete stop and do not proceed until all lanes are clear.
- When parents come up to request a student from the car rider line it impedes the efficiency of our dismissal. Students who are designated as car riders will only be released to a car. For safety reasons, we are unable to release car riders to adults who just walk up to the car rider line. If you wish to walk up and pick up your child, please notify your child’s teacher that they be dismissed as a walker.
- Please refrain from using the cell phone while in the car rider line. Remember it is against the law to be on a cell phone in the school zone and you may be ticketed if you are observed on the cell phone in a school zone.
RAINY DAY DISMISSAL
- All car riders, bus riders, and daycare riders will follow their normal dismissal routine on rainy days.
- Bike riders and walkers will NOT be permitted to leave the building and travel home in unsafe weather.
- Please communicate with your child’s teacher the rainy day dismissal plans for your walker/bike rider.
- For walkers and bike riders who have not been picked up by a parent/guardian, LSE personnel will release them only when an administrator knows the weather conditions are safe with no lightning, thunder, or heavy downpours.
- If weather conditions do not improve, office personnel will assist in contacting parents for student pick-up.
- The decision to have a rainy day dismissal is made at 2:45 PM. Please understand that it is not always raining at 2:45 PM when the decision is made. We apologize for the inconvenience.
In the event your child is absent, please call 281-641-3519 to report the absence to school as soon as you know your child will not be in attendance. It is recommended that you also let your child’s teacher know as well. As stated in the Humble ISD handbook, a written excuse for absence is required upon returning to school within 48 hours in order to mark the absence excused. Without written notice within the 48 hour period, the absence will be noted as an unexcused absence. Please schedule medical and dental appointments after school whenever possible. This will minimize loss of valuable instructional time for your child and reduce classroom disruption.
Attendance is crucial to the success of your student(s). Official attendance for Lakeshore is taken at 10:00 am in the classrooms. All students must be in attendance at that time. However, learning begins at 8:00 am. Tutoring occurs prior to school beginning at 7:30 am or afterschool. We take great pride in our attendance record and the success of our students. The district and state take notice when students are not at school. It is imperative that notes be sent to excuse absences within 48 hours. The district will be sending notices out when a student has 6 unexcused absences with possible legal action taken.
*Periodically attendance verification is checked. This means that checks are done for proof of residence in the area. You will be required to provide a current (within 30 days) utility bill.
- Birthday Parties are not allowed in the classrooms for students or teachers. Balloons, gifts, etc. may NOT be given to students at school.
- Parents or grandparents are permitted to recognize a child’s birthday with treats for the child’s class . If you do choose to bring treats in, please check with the teacher first regarding any allergies in the class. Please contact the cafeteria manager Ms. Johnson at 281-641-3508 if you would like to purchase ice cream treats for your child’s class.
- Birthday party invitations cannot be distributed at school by students or teachers. This is a district policy. All invitations must be distributed OFF CAMPUS, no exceptions.
Students must keep their cell phones in their backpacks and they must be turned off during instruction time.
When checking students out, please sign your child out through the front office. Please have proper ID ready to show office staff.
The last hour of the day is very important academic time in the classroom. Our instructional day goes until 3:20 pm. We know that emergencies arise and children must be picked up early. However, when children leave early on a regular basis, classrooms are disrupted and children are deprived of quality instructional time. This is not just a disruption for one student but for each student in the class. Written requests for early pickup and/or changes in dismissal procedure must be provided to the teacher at the beginning of the day. FAXED NOTES OR EMAILS ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE. IF AT ALL POSSIBLE, PLEASE AVOID CHANGES IN DISMISSAL PROCEDURE AFTER 2:30 P.M.
If a discipline referral occurs, you will be contacted by phone or email by the teacher and the administrator who works with your child. We at Lakeshore use this time to work with students on appropriate behavior and their outcomes. We want students to learn that appropriate behavior brings successful outcome.
The Leopard Law
Leopards are expected to:
Be a Learner.
At Lakeshore, student expectations are taught through our campus Positive Behavior Interventions & Supports program (PBIS). Capturing Kids Hearts is a philosophy of creating trusting relationships and encouraging honest communication. Our staff fully implements the CKH philosophy. We also use Project Wisdom to promote character building and making good choices. Why Try is taught through our counselor and helps students build self-respect and respect for others.
Your child should dress for school each day in comfortable attire that will allow for movement throughout the day. Comfortable shoes are a necessity each day due to PE and recess. Attire should be appropriate and modest (no spaghetti straps, “short” shorts, etc). No flip flops may be worn to school at any time. Any form of dress or grooming that attracts undue attention, is unsafe, disrupts school, or detracts from the learning process is not acceptable. Please refer to the Humble ISD Parent/Student Handbook for clarification.
EARLY RELEASE DATES
On early release, the school day will end at 12:00 pm. A sack lunch will be served on those days.
Dismissal times on Early Release Days will be as follows:
- Car rider: 12:00
- Buses & Daycare: 12:05
- Bikers & Walkers: 12:10
Please make note of the following early release dates:
- September 20, 2017
- October 4, 2017
- *October 25-26, 2017
- November 8, 2017
- December 15, 2017
- January 31, 2018
- April 18, 2018
- June 1, 2018 (No lunch will be served on this day)
LSE has an onsite emergency response team and access to Summerwood Fire department in the event of an emergency where students must be evacuated from LSE, the alternative sites are Summerwood Elementary 281-641-3000 and/or Summer Creek High School 281-641-5500. Signs will be posted on doors with notification of alternative site.
Emergency drills will occur at least once a month. If you arrive to campus during one of these drills, doors will not be open to visitors until the completion of the drills.
Fundraising is held by both Lakeshore Elementary and Lakeshore PTO. We try to coordinate but unfortunately sometimes we are close together. The main objective for both is to get needed funds to provide enrichment activities, professional development for the staff, playground equipment, technology, and many more items for our school. Examples of our fundraising could include: gift wrap, candle, food items, carnival, Turkey Trot, Jingle Bell Run, etc.
It is always optional! Students are NEVER expected to sell door to door. We try very hard to make it enjoyable and hope that our efforts provide your students with enriching experiences.
Retrieve your child’s grades by logging into the Home Access Center.
- Use internet Explorer (version 5.5 or later) and navigate to the following URL: https://eshac.humble.k12.tx.us/homeaccess/
- When logging into Home Access Center for the first time, click the ‘here’ link at the bottom of the window.
- Follow the online instructions to set up a user account.
- When you log into the Home Access Center, a default start up page will be displayed. Click on the tabs at the top of the window to view different areas of Home Access Center.
- Your student’s ID number can be found on his/her past report cards or from your child’s teacher.
**Stay in contact with your classroom teacher.
The actual grade reflecting the student’s relative mastery of an assignment will be recorded.
Re-teaching and Reassessment:
The intent of Humble Independent School District’s re-teaching re-assessment policy is to ensure that students have an opportunity to master the District’s curricular objectives. Re-teaching in the District may be integrated into lessons during guided practice and may be a part of the explanation phase when checking for understanding is done. The teacher will determine when re-teaching should be scheduled. For critical skills, it will be done immediately; for recurring skills, it may be deferred.
After re-teaching, the teacher may use a variety of reassessment techniques to determine mastery. This applies to all forms of assessments.
An Entire class or group will be re-taught and reassessed when the teachers determines that half or 50% or more of the class have failed to perform at mastery level (70%). The higher of the two grades shall be recorded in the grade book for each class member.
After re-teaching, the teacher may use a variety of reassessment techniques to determine mastery. These techniques may include oral questioning, observation, retesting, demonstration, and additional assignment, or an alternative assignment. This applies to all forms of assessment. If a teacher chooses to retest individual to determine mastery, the higher of the two grades shall be used in calculating the grade cycle average.
Late Work Policy:
Assignments and tests must be completed and turned in on the assigned date in order to receive full credit. In an effort for the student’s work to reflect mastery of the content presented in the assignment, no more than 10 points total will be deducted for late work.
ITEMS LEFT AT HOME
To keep classroom interruptions to a minimum, all items including lunches must be labeled with child’s name and his/her teacher’s name. You may drop these items off at the front office.
LOST & FOUND
Please label your child’s belongings with his/her first and last name. Labeled items are returned to your child. The Lost and Found is located in the cafeteria. Lost and Found is cleaned out every nine weeks. Unclaimed items are donated to local charities at the end of each semester (December/June).
LSE Lunch Schedule
To reduce interruptions, we are asking that fast food be brought to students on Fridays when we have “Fast Food Fridays”. Due to Texas Nutrition Guidelines, parents may only bring outside food for their own child, not their friends. On STAAR Testing Days our building IS CLOSED to ALL visitors per state law. This will include having lunch with your child on those days. Check your School Calendar for these dates. You may also visit the district HUMBLE ISD website. Humble ISD Menu Hotline: 281-641-5838
- All students must know their lunch numbers if they are buying any items from the cafeteria. Parents may pay online through the district website or may send a check or cash with the student to give to the cafeteria manager between 7:30 and 8:00 AM.
- Starting in August 2012, as required under the Healthy, Hunger Free Kids Act of 2010, students that eat in the cafeteria must take at least 1/2 cup of fruit and/or vegetable with two other meal components to receive the $2.20 lunch. If the student does not take at least 1/2 cup of the fruit and/or vegetable with two other meal components they will be charged higher a la carte prices. Food components include: meat, bread/grain, fruit, vegetable and milk.
- Seating is limited due to the number of students at LSE. If parents are planning to purchase a meal for themselves, please RSVP with the cafeteria manager, Ms. Johnson, at 281-641-3508 by 9:00 AM.
THE LEOPARD SPOT
The Leopard Spot is our weekly parent newsletter. Please check it weekly for important updates and announcements. LSE will email the school newsletter to you on Fridays beginning September 17th. Hard copies are available upon request from the teacher or front office. The Leopard Spot can be located on the Lakeshore website as well.
Fall Parent conferences will be held on October 25 & 26, 2017. You will be contacted by your child’s teacher to schedule a time. Please contact your child’s teacher if you would like to schedule a conference to discuss your child’s progress.
We encourage all parents to take part and become a member of the Lakeshore Parent Teacher Organization. It is crucial that we have a strong parent and teacher group to maintain our success. Information for meetings and news will be coming through our website.
Students are encouraged to bring a snack to school and a water bottle.
- Water bottles should only contain water and have a closed lid. No juice, sodas or sport drinks are allowed.
- Please send healthy snacks with your child. Chips, cookies, dessert items, etc. are not healthy snacks. Suggested snack items include: baby carrots, celery, crackers, goldfish, pretzels, granola bars, apples (whole or sliced), plum/peach (whole), banana, raisins, popcorn (pre-popped), dry cereal, string cheese/cheese cubes, graham crackers, vanilla wafers, dried fruit, bagels, chex mix, or rice cakes.
- Also please be considerate of food allergies. There are many students allergic to nuts, etc. Make sure you have all the necessary information from your teacher.
Parents, please make every effort to have your students at school on STAAR testing dates. Please avoid making appointments on these dates. Here is TEA's 2017-2018 testing calendar.
Note: On STAAR Testing Days our building IS CLOSED to ALL visitors per state law. Check your School Calendar for these dates. You may also visit the district HUMBLE ISD website.
Parents are always welcome but remember to follow school rules. To ensure the safety of our children, please stop by the front office to present your driver’s license in order to have a visitor’s badge printed. The first day of school will be the only day parents will be allowed down the hallways without a badge. Your visitor’s badge must be worn while at LSE. Prior to leaving, return your badge to the front office for check out. Please remember, the campus is closed on STARR testing days.
Visiting the Classroom Areas of the Building
After the first day of school, our students are somewhat familiar with their teachers and the location of their classrooms. It is no longer necessary for adults to walk them to class in the morning. When children walk themselves to class it helps foster independence as well as enables us to maintain proper safety and security for all students.
Classroom observations must be approved through the administration.
Conferencing with the Teacher
If you need to visit with your child’s teacher, please schedule an appointment with the teacher during their conference time before or after school. Conferences need to be scheduled at an appropriate time with minimal distractions from class time.
In the mornings, teachers are preparing for the school day. Therefore, mornings may not be the best time for conferences. Parents and other adult visitors who need to enter the hallways and classroom areas need to present a valid driver's license and receive a visitors badge in the front office.
Check out your teacher’s web page! With just a click of the button you can access information about your child’s classroom. Each teacher is creating a web page to provide you with important information about her/his class and upcoming events. All web pages will be accessible beginning September 19. Access web pages by using the following steps:
- Go to Humble ISD's homepage
- Select Schools
- Select Lakeshore
- Select Staff Sites
- Find your teacher's name
The useful links tab on our campus website can assist your child's learning at each grade level. This resource provides additional information for parents, as well as activities that encourage skills for students to practice at home.
At Lakeshore, we are WILD about Learning!!!
You are going to HEAR us ROAR!!