Cover Letter Tips for Hotel and Hospitality
Its very challenging when you find yourself in need of another job. Whether it is because of being laid off, fired or phased out of a position, its not easy to put yourself out there again after being let go. You can be successful and have a new, better position by following the tips below.
1. Try not to be negative during your search for jobs in Hotel and Hospitality. Focus on what you can do in the future and channel your energy into putting your best foot forward.
2. Make a decision about your path. You may choose to get hired in a position that is exactly like the one you left, or you may choose a job in a new career that uses your top skills.
3. Be creative in your job search. Try to figure out unique places where job leads may come from. Reading professional journals, checking out message boards on the Internet, or attending networking events may lead to jobs in Hotel and Hospitality.
4. Work on your speaking skills to help you prepare for the important interview. Make it a point to research common interview questions, and take time to rehearse stating your answers to such questions.
5. Its not always about what you know, but who you know. Be sure to make contacts with as many people as possible connected to the company or industry you are hoping to get employment with.
120 Vyse Street
12th January 2014
Dear Ms Graham,
I would like to introduce myself as a candidate for the Hotel Managers position that your company advertised yesterday on the Dayjob.com website.
As a seasoned professional, I feel I will be more than able to ensure that your guests are treated in a prompt, friendly and courteous manner whilst at the same time making sure that the highest standard of Hotel cleanliness, comfort, and safety are always adhered to. For the last three years I have been working as a Hotel Manager for Adams Hotels, where I have been responsible for managing the Food Service, Kitchen, Valeting, Housekeeping, Entertainment and Sales departments. I come to you from an experienced background, and will bring an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of your business.
Aside from my technical abilities, my pleasant manner and excellent communication skills allow me diplomatically bring to a conclusion any guests’ issues that may arise. I have an authentic style, natural curiosity and a warm way with people.
The enclosed resume provides a more detailed description of my education, interests, and work experience.
Right now I am ready to take the next step in my career and to be challenged in all areas of hospitality and guest service. For me it would be an honour to be a part of and contribute to a company like yours which concentrates on building loyalty and value for its guests.
Tel: 00 44 121 638 0026
More Hotel Manager cover letter examples
Hotel Manager cover letter 1
Hotel Manager cover letter 2
Hotel Manager cover letter 3
Hotel Manager CV and resume examples
Hotel Manager CV
Hotel Manager resume template
Hotel Sales Manager resume examples
Hotel Sales Manager resume
Hotel Sales Manager resume 1
Hotel Sales Manager resume 2
Hotel Sales Manager resume 3
Hotel General Manager resume example
Hotel General Manager resume
Online Hotel Management degree courses
Online Hospitality Management degree
Hospitality Management courses
Hospitality Management degree
Hotel receptionist CV
More cover letters
Cover letter examples